- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Toasted finely chopped nuts, shredded coconut, baking cocoa or colored sprinkles
- Place chocolate chips and milk in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring halfway. Stir in vanilla. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 3 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in nuts. Place on a baking sheet; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews forEasy Truffles
"I've made these for several years, following the recipe exactly, and never had a problem. I chill for the recommended three hours, and roll in a variety of coatings. They disappear pretty quickly!"
"Poor recipe. Did not firm. Followed instructions and amounts perfectly. Was like syrup. tried adding icing sugar and cocoa to firm, but ended up just going into the garbage. Would never use this recipe again. Caution... find another recipe."
"This recipe is so easy, somewhat time consuming, but easy. I leave them out on the counter until easy to work with. I add about a scant tsp of amaretto oil based flavoring to the mixture in place of the vanilla. I have found that as I roll them, I dip them into chocolate. If not, they tend to dry out. If they start to be crumbly, microwave small amounts for about 3 or 4 seconds & they become pliable again. They last a long time in the refrigerator. It may sound complicated, but it's really not."
"Very easy to make. The most time consuming part was just rolling it in sprinkles but wasnt bad at all. I did however after reading the reviews refigerate them for only an hour and was perfect to work with. I think if you leave them in the fridge for 3 hrs they would become hard to work with. Great recipe though. They can defintly kill a sweet tooth!"
"Doesn't taste like a truffle to me more like a piece of chocolate."
"This recipe is not quite as good as some truffle recipes that I have made previously, but it is very easy to make! I may try some bourbon in it if I make it again to add some flavor contrast."
"Very easy after I warmed them up from chilling in the refrigerator. I think next time I might not chill them but let them set for a little while at room temperature and then go ahead and roll them into balls . I first made all the balls and had to reroll to warm t"
"I loved how simple this was my 4 year daughter loved rolling these in sprinkles. We tried nuts, coconut and sprinkles we had to hold them in our hands for a minute or two to warm the truffle up enough to get the toppings to stick this was a wonderful treat for our family and friends. I immediately got request to make more."