- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Finely chopped toasted nuts, flaked coconut, baking cocoa or red and green sprinkles
- In a microwave, combine chips and milk. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring after 1-1/2 minutes; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Chill for 3 hours or until firm.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in nuts, coconut, cocoa or sprinkles. Chill 1 hour or until firm. Store covered at room temperature or in a refrigerator. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Easy Truffles
Sort By :
"I've made these for several years, following the recipe exactly, and never had a problem. I chill for the recommended three hours, and roll in a variety of coatings. They disappear pretty quickly!"
"Poor recipe. Did not firm. Followed instructions and amounts perfectly. Was like syrup. tried adding icing sugar and cocoa to firm, but ended up just going into the garbage. Would never use this recipe again. Caution... find another recipe."
"This recipe is so easy, somewhat time consuming, but easy. I leave them out on the counter until easy to work with. I add about a scant tsp of amaretto oil based flavoring to the mixture in place of the vanilla. I have found that as I roll them, I dip them into chocolate. If not, they tend to dry out. If they start to be crumbly, microwave small amounts for about 3 or 4 seconds & they become pliable again. They last a long time in the refrigerator. It may sound complicated, but it's really not."
"Very easy to make. The most time consuming part was just rolling it in sprinkles but wasnt bad at all. I did however after reading the reviews refigerate them for only an hour and was perfect to work with. I think if you leave them in the fridge for 3 hrs they would become hard to work with. Great recipe though. They can defintly kill a sweet tooth!"
"Doesn't taste like a truffle to me more like a piece of chocolate."