Easy Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 36 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 36 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Fill each shell with a meatball; place over sauce. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Easy Stuffed Shells
Sort By :
This was so easy especially since I had some homemade spaghetti sauce in the freezer. The other really great thing is how you can play with the recipe (I suppose kids could play with the food itself) like adding ricotta cheese and spinach to each shell under the meatball. Easier than making lasagna!!
My 4-yr-old chose this recipe and proudly helped assemble it (he tired of it before we finished). Then he declared it "the best dinner ever!" The rest of us enjoyed it too. It was quick and easy and didn't leave many dirty dishes.
Very clever idea... I used a vodka tomato sauce, added some slice mushrooms, and some capers. As a field editor, I am happy to rate this recipe 5 stars.
This is a delicious and easy dish. I had some homemade roasted vegetable pasta sauce left so I used this. I placed a meatball into each shell and placed the shell upside down into the sauce spread onto the bottom of a casserole. I topped each shell with more sauce and the cheese. Thank you for submitting this great recipe!
An easy and quick recipe that my family really enjoyed. I added more cheese to make sure all of the pasta was covered prior to baking. We will definitely make this dish again - especially on busy weeknights!