No one would suspect that these adorable, glazed cookies are low in fat. Jalayne Luckett bakes up the cute citrus bites in her Marion, Illinois kitchen.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Beat in the sugar, lemon peel and extract. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on baking sheets before removing to wire racks.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over cookies. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Drop Cookies in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p27
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Lemon Drop Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review