- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Beat in the sugar, lemon peel and extract. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on baking sheets before removing to wire racks.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over cookies. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Lemon Drop Cookies
Sort By :
I found these cookies lacked in many ways.
I appreciate the effort to eliminate fat, but that might just be what was lacking. Sometimes all sugar and no fat or fiber as a balancer can cause an un-even taste.
I tried these cookies and found that their consistency once baked, was more like a meringue. In other words EXTREMELY sweet! I did use a teaspoon of batter as recommended, however the recipe only yielded 27 morsels. Also, I do have a brand new stove and they took 15 minutes to bake. In summary, they were okay if you like 'sweet' but I personally will not make them again.
These cookies were the most disgusting things I have ever eaten. They tasted like sugar and flour. I would not recommend making them.
I had troublb taking the cookies off the baking sheet after they were completely cool. They came off easier if I left them set for only 2 mins. Tom
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easy Cookie Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Lemon Cookies >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >