After stumbling across a community recipe for gingerbread biscotti, I made several batches and tweaked it to our tastes. These became an instant obsession at our house.—Susan Board, Palmer, Alaska
Recommended: Top 25 Food Gift Recipes
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1-1/4 cups white baking chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Red Hots
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, molasses and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flours, spices, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in crystallized ginger.
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 14x2-in. rectangle. Bake 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool on pans on wire racks until cool enough to handle. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place upright 1-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Decorate with Red Hots. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Drizzled Gingerbread Biscotti in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Drizzled Gingerbread Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review