Dipped Cherry Cookies Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries, patted dry
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, finely chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Coarse sugar and red edible glitter
- In a large bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Knead in the cherries, 2/3 cup white chocolate and extract until dough forms a ball.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass dipped in remaining sugar. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt shortening and remaining white chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with coarse sugar and edible glitter. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Dipped Cherry Cookies(5)
Sort By :
LOVE it! It's a must have for Christmas baking list. I also like to make it for Valentines day as well.
I use a food processor for the white chocolate and cherries to help the flavor mix throughout the dough a little better and I keep a little of the marachino liquid and add it in for a little more coloring and cherry flavor.
My family makes this every year for Christmas. We get a lot of requests for this cookie.
I've been making this recipe at Christmas for years, its super delicious and beautiful on the cookie platter! The flavors of white chocolate and cherry are a great combo
It's a little bit of an assembly with the chopping and dipping, etc. but worth the effort.
These are delicious and well worth the effort! I dipped half of my cookies in the white chocolate and the others in dark chocolate - they turned out beautiful! The sanding sugar and glitter really added a special touch!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >