Dipped Cherry Cookies Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries, patted dry
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, finely chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Coarse sugar and red edible glitter
- In a large bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Knead in the cherries, 2/3 cup white chocolate and extract until dough forms a ball.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass dipped in remaining sugar. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt shortening and remaining white chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with coarse sugar and edible glitter. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Dipped Cherry Cookies
Sort By :
question making for a wedding can these cookies be frozen.
These are really good & look so pretty on a cookie tray! I made them for Christmas & then again for Valentine's day!
I made these with Brown Rice Flour (gluten free). Needed to add 1/2 Cup more flour. Turned out delicious!! I'll make them again!!
These came out great! I made them for a cookie exchange and everyone loved them! They were a little time consuming but not overly so. I liked the limited ingredients. I will attempt these as glutton-free and post my results.
Just made these, they are excellent couldn't keep everyone from eating them lol