Dark Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Gently stir in butter and vanilla. Spoon into pastry shell. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Dark Chocolate Cream Pie(8)
Sort By :
This pie is really good and chocolate-y. It definitely needs a whipped cream topping,to balance out the chocolate. Tasted yummy!
Best chocolate pie ever!
Made this for Thanksgiving. It was a fantastic pie and everyone loved it. I will make this again.
This is good, however, I almost always double my pie filling recipes as we like them deeper. This one I double. I also use
at least 2C of whipping cream and 4c of milk if I am doubling. Great! Doesn't get a film on top.
Very yummy!! Tastes like chocolate pudding in a pie crust- but better. I have made a chocolate pie before but this one definitely turned out tastier. It looked exactly like the picture. I made a homemade pie crust to go with it, not that hard to do. I did not have cornstarch on hand so I used 1/2 cup all-purpose flour in place of 1/4 cornstarch and it turned out perfectly. I made this pie last night and it is half gone after lunch!