I like to use dandelion green in many recipes. With hearty meatballs in a wonderful chicken broth, this dish is dandy for the entire family.—Dorothy Collins, Decatur, Illinois
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound mixed ground meat (beef, veal and/or pork)
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 cups torn dandelion greens or spinach
- In a large bowl, mix egg, cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, sour cream, onion and seasonings. Add ground meat; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1/2-in. balls.
- In a Dutch oven, combine broth, garlic powder, oregano and basil; bring to a boil. Add meatballs; cook, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Skim fat.
- Add dandelion greens; cook, uncovered, 5-10 minutes or until wilted. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Dandelion Soup in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p59
Reviews for Dandelion Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review