- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring
- Pink sugar wafer cookies
- 36 large marshmallows, halved
- Butterscotch chips and miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and food coloring. Frost cookies.
- Cut sugar wafers into triangles; place two on each cookie for ears. With a toothpick, poke two holes in each marshmallow half for nostrils; press butterscotch chips into holes. Place noses on cookies; add chocolate chip eyes. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Cute Pig Cookies
Sort By :
"These cookies weren't cute nor were they cookies... probably because I have no idea how to read. [expletive] you."
"I have made this cookie for my kids when they where little. Now I'm going to make them for my son-in-laws FFA banquet. I think it will be fun."
"These cookies are very good. My daughter and I make them for every March 1st as well!"
"I don't make the cookies, I make chocolate cupcakes and decorate them this way. We raise pigs and when I have a "Porkapolooza" lunch at work to showcase our products, I serve these as dessert. Everyone thinks they are so cute and they fit perfectly with the lunch theme. This time however I am going to make the ears from strips of fruit belts cut into triangles. I found the wafer cookies got soggy from the icing."
"I make these every year for my students at school on March 1st. They are wonderful!!!"