I updated this chicken and rice dish by adding veggies and cashews to give it fresh and crunchy appeal. The green chilies in the tomatoes give it just the right little kick, but if you really like spice, add fresh, diced jalapeño. —Denise Klibert, Shreveport, Louisiana
Featured In: 33 Ways to Turn Rotisserie Chicken into Dinner
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (7.2 ounces) rice pilaf mix
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen peas (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted cashews
- In a large saucepan, bring water and oil to a boil. Stir in pilaf mix, contents of seasoning packet and curry powder. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes and peas. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes longer or until liquid is almost absorbed and rice is tender. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curry Chicken and Rice in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Curry Chicken and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2016
"This is simple and good. Has been added to the dinner rotation."
Reviewed May. 19, 2015
"Tasty, quick, well flavored. We will definitely have this again."