- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and marshmallow creme; add cereal and stir until well coated.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Roll cereal mixture into 1-in. balls. Dip in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls
"These are fabulous! The crisp cereal gives them a wonderful crunch, different from any other peanut butter ball I have tried. Made them into an egg shape and pastel sprinkles for Easter."
"These taste pretty good! I did add about 3/4 cup of finely crushed graham crackers to the mix. Makes quite a few...great for Christmas giving."
"This is on the "must make" every year for Christmas, since I found it in 2003! it is my husbands favorite."
"I've had different versions of peanut butter balls, these are by far the best!"
"These were good, but we didn't care for the consistency. Nothing crunchy at all about the filling! I'm not sure what happens to the rice cereal, but it must just disintegrate and get swallowed up by the pb and marshmallow. The filling was very marshmallowy feeling. Tasted fine, just wasn't our favorite. Maybe crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth would have helped a bit."