"The first time I made this candy, I knew it was going to be a big hit," writes Janice Brightwell, Jeffersonville, Indiana. "My husband and friends agree it's the best they've ever tasted. It's quick and simple to prepare. I've been asked for the recipe countless times."
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and marshmallow creme; add cereal and stir until well coated.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Roll cereal mixture into 1-in. balls. Dip in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p61
Reviews for Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review