Creole Corn Bread Recipe
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons seeded chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional cornmeal
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rice, cornmeal, onion, peppers, salt and baking soda.
- 2. In another bowl, beat eggs, milk and oil. Add corn; mix well. Stir into rice mixture until blended. Fold in cheese. Sprinkle a well-greased 10-in. ovenproof skillet with cornmeal. Pour batter into skillet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bread tests done. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 272 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Creole Corn Bread
"made this several times and once for a bbq contest, placed second with it. very good."