Creole Corn Bread Recipe
Corn bread is a staple of Cajun and Creole cuisine. This is an old favorite that I found in the bottom of my recipe drawer, and it really tastes wonderful.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons seeded chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional cornmeal
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rice, cornmeal, onion, peppers, salt and baking soda.
- 2. In another bowl, beat eggs, milk and oil. Add corn; mix well. Stir into rice mixture until blended. Fold in cheese. Sprinkle a well-greased 10-in. ovenproof skillet with cornmeal. Pour batter into skillet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bread tests done. Cut into wedges and serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 272 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Creole Corn Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC