- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Shoestring black licorice, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg (dough will be stiff). Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Spread a heaping teaspoonful of frosting over the bottom of half of the cookies. Place four licorice pieces on each side of cookies for spider legs; top with remaining cookies. For eyes, attach two red-hot candies with frosting to top of spider. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Creepy Spiders
Sort By :
"SO EASY TO MAKE WITH CAKE MIX. I USED CREAM CHEESE FROSTING IN MINE THO'. WE REALLY LIKED THEM. NEXT TIME, I'LL MAKE A DOUBLE BATCH, BECAUSE 1 IS JUST NOT ENOUGH."
"This was a fun recipe to make for the kids. They loved it."
"a big hit, horribly good!!"
"These were a hit at work, but the dough was too dry. A small amount of added water would have helped. I had to flatten the cookies slightly when they came out of the oven, otherwise they would have stayed as round balls."
"super easy i had these all done in a little over an hour! And me little guy is so excited to take them to school! I could only find red licorice as well. I also did m&m minis for the eyes."