Field editor Deanne Richter of Elmore, Minnesota comments, "This refreshing dessert satisfies the sweet tooth. My sister gave me the recipe years ago."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 3 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups flaked coconut, divided
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in the pecans. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over the crust.
- In another large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1-1/2 cups coconut. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Cream Dessert in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Coconut Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review