Creamy Coconut Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 3 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups flaked coconut, divided
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in the pecans. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over the crust.
- In another large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1-1/2 cups coconut. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Coconut Dessert(13)
Sort By :
Very good. I was lucky and found the coconut pudding. I omitted the extract.
I agree with the first post. This recipe is not the same as the one in the magazine. It calls for 3 pkg. of coconut cream pudding, and I think that is what makes this dessert. I used 2 pkg. of coconut pudding and one vanilla, and everyone was raving about how good this was. It's a keeper!
I reviewed this recipe before on the assumption that it was the recipe i\I have used for years that the same woman submitted in a Taste of Home cookbook. The recipe I use is called Coconut Cream Dessert and calls for 3 boxes of coconut cream pudding instead of the vanilla pudding and extract and flaked coconut. It is a much simpler recipe and can't be beat. Everywhere I take it I get lots of compliments. I don't know why the recipe was changed from the original publication. The woman has the same quote in my cookbook as is shown with this recipe, but this is not the same recipe.
so easy to make and soo good
This dessert was a hit for my Easter meal!