Creamy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add squash and potato; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the water, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cool slightly. In a blender, cover and process soup until smooth. Return to the pan; stir in milk and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Butternut Squash Soup(23)
Sort By :
This soup is so easy.I used sweet potatoes.Taste as good as any gourmet restaurant would serve.
The salt is prohibitive , l use fat free/low sodium veggie broth, season vegetables b/4 roasting. 1/2 squash, put a little butter,S&P,seasonings on aluminum lined cookiesheet,roast, scoop out squash , remove fibrous parts, then add to other ingredients. Great soup otherwise. Can add sour cream at end to make creamier!
Don't worry about MSG or salt. Use organic low salt low fat chicken broth. The sweet potatoe is perfect for flavor & sweetness! Great recipe.
chicken bouillon granules have MSG. No way for my family!
I used a sweet potato instead of a white potato because that is what I had. My whole family enjoyed the soup.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >