- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add squash and potato; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the water, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cool slightly. In a blender, cover and process soup until smooth. Return to the pan; stir in milk and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
"Yummy and easy. Good for all ages. My 10 month old could not get enough! I added a clove of garlic and used regular milk as I did not have evaporated."
"I had first tried Butternut soup at a restaurant and wanted a recipe to make at home, I found this recipe and its better than the restaurant version I had tried! I make this soup a lot whenever butternut squash is in season, I love this soup as does my husband, it is a good compliment to BBQ beef flanken ribs or BBQ chicken, this soup also freezes well."
"Awesome taste, I added i diced apple and a cinnamon stick....Delicious"
"This is really good! Did make a few changes because of what I had on hand. Used 4 cups pureed squash, 2 cups pureed sweet potato (light colored one), 1/2 cup chopped onions and 2 cans of fat free, 30% less sodium chicken broth. Added 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. This addition made it taste like we had at Shari's a couple nights ago. I did cheat and buy the already cut butternut squash at Costco so it made it really fast to prepare, Will definitely make this again. It will freeze well for another quick meal."
"This soup is so easy.I used sweet potatoes.Taste as good as any gourmet restaurant would serve."