- 18 large fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Remove stems from strawberries; cut a deep X in the top of each berry. Spread berries apart.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and almond extract. Pipe or spoon about 5 teaspoons into each berry. Chill until serving. Yield: 18 strawberries.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cream-Filled Strawberries
Sort By :
Very tasty, but I may try to make it a little different next time.
I made this yesterday for a Memorial Day picnic and everyone loved it. Since so many say the pudding was too thin, I used 1/2 cup 2% milk and a 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream. It was perfect. More calories, but well worth it.
Tastes wonderful!! Had some trouble filling the berries, but I'm not a pro at that. My diet is very carb restricted and I wanted to eat more than 2 berries in one sitting so I used unsweetened flax seed milk (unsweetened almond milk would work fine too. I just didn't have any) instead of dairy milk. And I subbed the whipped topping with zero carbs by whipping up a batch of fresh whipped cream made from heavy whipping cream and Splenda before adding the extract. Would make this again!
Amazing and so easy! It is a crowd pleaser! I used chocolate icing!
I doubled it, used: 2c skim milk, 2 pkg white choc pudding, 12oz cool whip and almond. I served it with strawberries as a dip; it was a huge success!