"This four-ingredient recipe was recommended by friends and shared throughout our neighborhood," says Katie Koziolek from Hartland, Minnesota. "The rich, simple mints are often seen at wedding receptions and graduation parties, and they make a perfect last-minute addition to holiday candy trays."
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint or almond extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Green and red colored sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and extract. Beat in 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar. Knead in remaining confectioners' sugar until smooth. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. Roll in colored sugar if desired.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with a fork. Let stand for 1 hour to harden. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Candies in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p38
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Candies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review