- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate M&M's, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped candy corn, divided
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped miniature pretzels, divided
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2/3 cup butterscotch chips, divided
- 1 jar (12 ounces) hot caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, beat melted butter and brown sugar until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to brown sugar mixture, mixing well. Stir in half of the pecans, M&M's, candy corn, pretzels, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread caramel topping over bars; sprinkle with remaining pecans, M&M's, candy corn, pretzels, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Lifting with parchment paper, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Crazy Halloween Blondies
"Can't wait to try this one out!"
"This recipe was a great way to use up leftover Halloween candy. I used the candy bars, m&m's and caramel apple dip I had left over and they were delicious!"
"I decided against adding the caramel topping and additional toppings when I realized that they add up to nearly TWO ADDITIONAL CUPS of nuts, candy and pretzels! Even served plain, this blondie was WAY TOO SWEET for my liking."
"These did not set up well. I baked them extra, but were still really gooey. Also, they were so sweet I didn't add the extra toppings after baking."