Cranberry-Gorgonzola Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Eggland's Best® eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine cheese and cranberries. Spoon 1/4 cup cheese mixture down the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place walnuts and parsley in a food processor, cover and process until ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine eggs and mustard. Place flour in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with walnut mixture.
- Place seam side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cranberry-Gorgonzola Stuffed Chicken(7)
Sort By :
Excellent roulade. Beautiful & festive presentation. Sometimes I'll sub goat cheese for the gorgonzola. Almost any nuts could be used in this dish. Next time, I might add thyme &/or oregano. I also make a basalmic-chicken broth reduction sauce. This dish is great with cherries as a sub for cranberries. I use Italian cherries, "Ciliegie di'Vignola", jarred cherries in vodka, for the filling & for the sauce.
These were very tasty!
It was just ok. Maybe I need to reduce the amount of gorgonzola cheese next time.
Made these for Christmas dinner... These were worth the work it took to put them together. My whole family raved about them!
I found this extremely difficult to put together. Once the chicken is rolled up, it's very hard to "roll" in the flour or "dip" in the egg. Mine was a mess.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >