Chicken breasts go from ordinary to extraordinary when filled with tart cranberries and creamy Gorgonzola. Make it a meal with couscous and a green salad. —Kara Firstenberger, Cardiff, California
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine cheese and cranberries. Spoon 1/4 cup cheese mixture down the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place walnuts and parsley in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine eggs and mustard. Place flour in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with walnut mixture.
- Place seam side down in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Gorgonzola Stuffed Chicken in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p40
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cranberry-Gorgonzola Stuffed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review