- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine cheese and cranberries. Spoon 1/4 cup cheese mixture down the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place walnuts and parsley in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine eggs and mustard. Place flour in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with walnut mixture.
- Place seam side down in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cranberry-Gorgonzola Stuffed Chicken
"Love this recipe!!! Not a fan of Gorgonzola so we use goat cheese instead. So good. Even my twin 2 year olds and my 5 year old ate it all up! My daughter asked if she could dip hers in honey so I tried a few bites like that as well. Also really good. Especially with the goat cheese."
"Excellent roulade. Beautiful & festive presentation. Sometimes I'll sub goat cheese for the gorgonzola. Almost any nuts could be used in this dish. Next time, I might add thyme &/or oregano. I also make a basalmic-chicken broth reduction sauce. This dish is great with cherries as a sub for cranberries. I use Italian cherries, "Ciliegie di'Vignola", jarred cherries in vodka, for the filling & for the sauce."
"These were very tasty!"
"It was just ok. Maybe I need to reduce the amount of gorgonzola cheese next time."
"Made these for Christmas dinner... These were worth the work it took to put them together. My whole family raved about them!"