This pretty cheesecake is a cranberry and dessert lover's dream. Cool and creamy, it's just right for the holidays—or any day! —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup plus 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a food processor, finely chop dried cranberries. Add flour, almonds and confectioners' sugar; process until blended. Add butter; pulse just until crumbly.
- Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch; stir in cranberry juice until smooth. Add berries. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Pour half of batter into crust. Carefully spoon 3/4 cup berry mixture over batter; top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Reduce heat to 250°. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over top. Bake 20-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Spread remaining berry mixture over the top. Refrigerate overnight.
- Beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold in ground almonds. Pipe around top edge of cheesecake; sprinkle with sliced almonds. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Celebration Cheesecake in Country Woman December/January 2010, p31
Reviews for Cranberry Celebration Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review