Cool as a Cucumber Soup Recipe
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- Additional chopped green onion and snipped fresh dill
- In a colander set over a bowl, toss cucumbers with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes. Squeeze and pat dry.
- Place the cucumbers, yogurt, onion and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Stir in dill. Serve immediately in chilled bowls. Garnish with additional onion and dill. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Cool as a Cucumber Soup(3)
Sort By :
Accidentally used vanilla yogurt (but countered that with sour cream). I was out of green onion, so I used powdered white onion and added 1/8 tsp. black pepper.
Quite refreshing and simple to make.
This soup is amazing! So easy and so good.
Very tasty-we enjoyed it very much!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cold Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Irish Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- St. Patrick's Day Recipes >