This chilled soup makes a wonderful appetizer or side on a hot summer day. Bright bursts of dill provide a pleasant contrast to the milder flavor of cucumber.—Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- Additional chopped green onion and snipped fresh dill
- In a colander set over a bowl, toss cucumbers with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes. Squeeze and pat dry.
- Place the cucumbers, yogurt, onion and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Stir in dill. Serve immediately in chilled bowls. Garnish with additional onion and dill. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Cool as a Cucumber Soup in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p47
Reviews for Cool as a Cucumber Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review