- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- Additional chopped green onion and snipped fresh dill
- In a colander set over a bowl, toss cucumbers with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes. Squeeze and pat dry.
- Place the cucumbers, yogurt, onion and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Stir in dill. Serve immediately in chilled bowls. Garnish with additional onion and dill. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cool as a Cucumber Soup
Sort By :
Accidentally used vanilla yogurt (but countered that with sour cream). I was out of green onion, so I used powdered white onion and added 1/8 tsp. black pepper.
Quite refreshing and simple to make.
This soup is amazing! So easy and so good.
Very tasty-we enjoyed it very much!!