Cookie Dough Truffles Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1-1/2 pounds dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. If desired, remelt remaining candy coating and drizzle over candies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cookie Dough Truffles(78)
Sort By :
I tried a new Cookie Dough Truffles this year, this one, since the recipe I used last year was too dry; however, I found this recipe to be very difficult to handle. I had to add substantially more flour to the recipe. Would it be better to use the measurements provided, except maybe decrease the condensed milk rather than to have to increase the amount of flour so much?
good if you like cookie dough. not what I want in a truffle.
I have made these every year since the recipe came out. They are always requested as a "new favorite" ! Now my children, 16, 18 and 21 are making them for their friends at the holidays as well. My children's former school teachers even ask if they can still have truffles for Christmas as "alum teachers"...these are "that" good!
I love these truffles. Easy and delicious.
Big hit in my Christmas cookie tray. Plan on doing them again this year.
Thanks for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gift Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >