- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups frozen chopped green peppers, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, green peppers and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pasta sauce, tomatoes, broth and prepared rice; heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Contest-Winning Stuffed Pepper Soup
"A super easy soup and it tastes just as good as the real thing! A winner in my book!"
"This soup is fantastic! I use 2 cups of prepared minute rice instead of the packaged variety. I freeze mine after preparing it in individual freezer containers for lunches at work. Often I get inquiries about the wonderful smelling soup I have for lunch."
"Super easy and soooo tasty! I like to add Italian herbs but it's surprisingly tasty for so few ingredients."
"this soup is sooo awesome !!!!! everyone who loves stuffed peppers needs to try this soup!!! I had to change almost everything but it was only because it was what I had on hand and I really wanted to try it and it turned out fantastic... I used ground sausage rather then hamburger, used two cans of diced tomatoes with garlic, basil and oregano, one I just left as is the other I put into the food processor to make a sauce like consistency, used 3 medium fresh green peppers chopped, 2 cups of beef broth, and I had about 1/3 of a jar of jarred pasta sauce (leftover from a dinner I had earlier in the week figured why waste it !) and a bunch of spices including bay leaves!!! turned out great I regret not making more to freeze, oh n I didn't put the rice right in the pot incase I wanted to freeze it but there isn't any left!!!! try it you wont be sorry!!!"