- 6 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or additional reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Eggland's Best® Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, chili sauce, oil and pepper flakes until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm. Stir-fry snow peas and carrots in remaining oil for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- Drain noodles; add to vegetable mixture. Stir vinegar mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Add shrimp, bean sprouts and green onions; heat through. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Colorful Shrimp Pad Thai
Sort By :
"My 1st homemade pad thai and wow! I did have fish sauce, but may try it next time. This is a keeper"
"loved loved loved this recipe.. I made it for my family and they all loved it so I made it again for mothers day and everyone at the table licked their lips nothing but wonderful compliments re this Pasta! I am too going to try it with chicken/ I made salmon on the side with brown sugar glaze it was devine!"
"whole family loved it! Went easy on the chili sauce but had it on the table for anyone who wanted it spicer"
"My husband & I really enjoyed this for dinner tonight! Will definately make it again. I wouldn't change the spices, it was just the right amount. I'm thinking of thickening the sauce with a little cornstarch next time. I would serve this on rice as well and I really like Jasmine rice. Next time I will make it with chicken for a little change. This is healthy too!"
"Enjoyed this dish very much!"