- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine coconut and milk; spread over warm crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Spread over coconut layer. Cool before cutting. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Graham Bars
Sort By :
"These bars are easy and taste very good. If I make them again I think I'll use a different topping recipe. The butter seemed to float to the surface; I had to blot the bars with paper towels. It tasted good but just didn't look right."
"I made this a while ago and we thought they were yummy. I've had requested to make them again. I had no problem with them holding up."
"This is a great recipe and makes alot. This would be good bar recipe during the holidays for cookie exchanges. Will be making again for family gatherings as its yield is alot! Thanks for sharing!"
"line your pan with foil and spray with oil before baking. It makes cutting alot easier..this recipe is requested for me to make over and over again..YUMO!"
"I have made this a few times,all GREAT Ratings..The (ONE) thing i did do was to line the pan with foil and spray it with oil before baking the Graham cracker crumb bottom. It makes it so much easier to cut it."