Coconut Cupcakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Additional flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in coconut.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and extracts until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with toasted coconut. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Cupcakes(10)
Sort By :
I love this recipe. I have taken it and added a few things and taken away others. It makes the best cupcakes. I read the reviews and added 2 oz of vegetable oil for the moist factor some said they were having. I have also changed the flavor several times and I am never disappointed with the results. Great recipe it is my go to recipe for cupcakes right now!!
My daughter made these for our county fair, without the frosting, and took home a purple ribbon. Very good cupcake.
This was delicious! It made a ton of batter! I got 3 dozen from it. The texture of the coconut in the batter was very good! Both of my kiddos loved it!
These are the best cupcakes ever i doubled the batch for my daughters birthday but my husband eat so many i needed to make more before the party lol
these are great they taste so go , i didnt put in almond extract I don't like the taste of it so i put in all vanalla there the best the cream cheese icing is to die for yum yum
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Coconut Cake >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cupcake Frosting >
- Cupcake Frosting Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >