- 7 cups sugar
- 5 cups coarsely ground peeled plums (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a Dutch oven, combine sugars, plums, water and lemon juice. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin; return to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in cinnamon. Skim off foam.
- Carefully ladle hot jam into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Reviews for Cinnamon Plum Jam(2)
Sort By :
We have a Plum tree in our back yard that makes a huge amount of Plums and I thought I would try making Jam out of them. This recipe is great and the only thing I did different was to use a hand mixer and crush up the Plums before I cooked it. I'm not a huge fan of chunks of fruit do this turned out great for me. I am going to make more because everyone is asking for some!
This was the first recipe I tried for jam in over 10 years. It was not a let down. I went on to make 3 more batches. I changed one thing. I used the plum, skin and all. I threw it in the blender and pureed. Thanks.