When I share this slightly sweet jam with family and friends, it disappears quickly. Through the years, I've learned to make more than one batch!
- 7 cups sugar
- 5 cups coarsely ground peeled plums (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a Dutch oven, combine sugars, plums, water and lemon juice. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Originally published as Cinnamon Plum Jam in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p56
Reviews for Cinnamon Plum Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review