I prepare these muffins with the blueberries that grow wild along the rocky coast of Maine. I have worked on this recipe for several years and finally feel that I have it perfected.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, mix milk and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside. Add egg and oil to milk mixture. Gently stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 22-24 minutes or a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Blueberry Muffins in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p79
Reviews for Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review