- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar and whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the sugar, oil and egg until well blended. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually beat into sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in mango and pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 6-in. round baking pan. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Garnish with confectioners' sugar and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chunky Fresh Mango Cake
Sort By :
"I live in Florida and I was trying to figure out what to do with all the mangoes that come into season besides mango salsa. This cake is absolutely one of the best I've ever tasted. My family agrees. I double this recipe for one cake and quadruple it for two (plus a little extra for muffins.) I also put in double the amount of mango since I have so many but it's not necessary. It seems to me that this recipe would be wonderful with peaches also."
"awesome!!! i doubled the recipe to get a larger cake & baked it for about 45 minutes at 375. Baking time mostly depends on your oven. I just tested it every few minutes after 30 minutes."
"This is light and delicious! I took it to a tailgate and a dinner party, and it was a huge success!"
"Loved it! Tripled the recipe and made two 9 in cakes. Also left out the pecans and used pastry flour instead of all-purpose."
"I doubled the recipe and used an 8 in. cake pan. I served it without any icing, whipped cream or powdered sugar. Everyone liked it."