Chunky Fresh Mango Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar and whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the sugar, oil and egg until well blended. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually beat into sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in mango and pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 6-in. round baking pan. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Garnish with confectioners' sugar and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chunky Fresh Mango Cake(7)
Sort By :
This is light and delicious! I took it to a tailgate and a dinner party, and it was a huge success!
Loved it! Tripled the recipe and made two 9 in cakes. Also left out the pecans and used pastry flour instead of all-purpose.
I doubled the recipe and used an 8 in. cake pan. I served it without any icing, whipped cream or powdered sugar. Everyone liked it.
Surprisingly excellent! The recipe came at just the right time -- I already had a mango cubed in the fridge, waiting to be used or eaten. I made it last night, nixed the pecans because I didn't have any and baked it in my convection oven. In 10 minutes we were watching it cool on the wire rack. I dusted the confectioner's sugar on and wow! It was extremely moist, not too sweet, and the mangos were perfect. I'd make it again in a heartbeat!
to answer your question, I'd make 3 batches, mix them together and divide between 2 9-inch pans and bake, perhaps for a little longer than stated for the 6" pans.