Chunky Blond Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts or 3/4 cup blanched almonds, chopped, divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in white chips, chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; spread over the bottom of pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top begins to crack and is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chunky Blond Brownies(10)
Sort By :
So So Good. I used unsalted butter the first time and it needed more salt. I switched to salted the next time and they were perfect. My addition was to put 2 chopped, frozen Heath bars .
These are fabulous! I used pecans because I buy them in bulk and my family loved them. They actually get better the longer they are baked. I will add this recipe to my collection for birthday party treats!
Liked the recipe. Varied it by adding 1/2 cup Coconut and 1/2 cup Rice Cereal in place of the nuts. Next time, will reduce both sugars, because it is sweet enough using the choc. chips.
every time I serve these bars I get asked for the recipe. They are a constant request when I am asked to bring something whether it be a pot luck or just for coffee.
I have made these brownies countless times, for all sorts of occasions. They are so easy to make and I like the fact that they only use 1/2 cup butter for a large pan of brownies. This is one of my baking stand-bys!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Brownies >
- Blondie Brownies >
- Brownie Bars >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Macadamia Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >