- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts or 3/4 cup blanched almonds, chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in white chips, chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; spread over the bottom of pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top begins to crack and is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chunky Blond Brownies
"I made these for my husband. He declared them 'very good'. I have also made them with 2 cups of vanilla chips instead of the chocolate chunks."
"Can u make in mini muffin cups"
"Macadamia nuts really makes this recipe top notch.What a delectable treat.Yum !!!email@example.com"
"I was looking for a recipe without chocolate or nuts so I made this using white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. It was very sweet but it had a nice texture and was a big hit."
"These are really great. I made them as written the first time, and had to sub butterscotch chips the second because it's what we had. Thanks for sharing! :)"