- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts or 3/4 cup blanched almonds, chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in white chips, chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; spread over the bottom of pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top begins to crack and is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChunky Blond Brownies
"This has become my "not lot's of chocolate" go to. Hubby really likes them.I sometimes leave out the white chips, or substitute another type. Mint was surprisingly tasty."
"These were fabulous. I used roasted almonds and milk chocolate toffee bits, as that's what I had ion hand. Took them to work and they were gone within minutes."
"I made these for my husband. He declared them 'very good'. I have also made them with 2 cups of vanilla chips instead of the chocolate chunks."
"Can u make in mini muffin cups"
"Macadamia nuts really makes this recipe top notch.What a delectable treat.Yum !!!firstname.lastname@example.org"
"I was looking for a recipe without chocolate or nuts so I made this using white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. It was very sweet but it had a nice texture and was a big hit."
"These are really great. I made them as written the first time, and had to sub butterscotch chips the second because it's what we had. Thanks for sharing! :)"
"Wonderful blonde brownie recipe! Was looking for one that included the white chocolate and macadamia nut combination and this one IS IT! I did not use the chocolate chunks as I wanted to keep it true to the white choc and macadamia nut combo. Husband who is not that big of a sweet eater gobbled these up!This will be a repeat for sure!"
"So So Good. I used unsalted butter the first time and it needed more salt. I switched to salted the next time and they were perfect. My addition was to put 2 chopped, frozen Heath bars ."