- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping and additional ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the eggnog, milk and pudding mix over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Stir in rum and nutmeg. Pour pudding mixture into crust. Chill until set. Garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Eggnog Pie
"I made this pie for Christmas. It WASNT a big hit. I was hesitant to make this and I wish I would of made something else. The crust came out so hard. It was a task to cut into it. The actual pie part tasted good but for some reason my family didn't really like it."
"I made this instead of regular eggnog I used Pumpkin eggnog, I omitted the whole milk and used 3 cups cups of the pumpkin eggnog and a large vanilla pudding. This was more delicious than the regular eggnog pie."
"I love this recipe. Easy and delicious. Even for breakfast! :-)"
"Never made a pie in the winter, but will definitely give this one a try. Is there any reason I couldn't use 3 cups of eggnog and omit the milk?"
"My new best friend....loved it!!!"