These are my family's very favorite cookies. They're soft, chewy and totally delicious. —Karen Bourne, Magrath, Alberta
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Red and/or green food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cake mixes, eggs and oil until blended. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until a slight indentation remains when lightly touched. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Beat in enough confectioners' sugar to reach desired consistency. If desired, tint with food coloring.
- Spread filling on bottom of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Sandwich Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p64
Reviews for Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review