Chocolate-Raspberry Creme Brulee Recipe
Just when I thought nothing could beat the specialness of creme brulee, I created this decadent version that stars rich chocolate and sweet raspberries. Cracking through the top reveals a smooth and rich custard everyone enjoys. —Jan Valdez, Chicago, Illinois
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 8 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 30 fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and 1/2 cup sugar just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir a small amount of hot cream mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Place 3 raspberries in each of ten ungreased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar. If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle custards with sugar mixture. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately.
- If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Raspberry Creme Brulee in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p60
Reviews for Chocolate-Raspberry Creme Brulee(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Custard >
- Berry Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Creme Brulee Recipes >
- Custard Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >