- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup salted peanuts, finely chopped, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), grated
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, butter and 2/3 cup peanuts. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a another large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low for 2 minutes. Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Just before serving, carefully spread remaining topping over the pudding layer. Sprinkle with grated chocolate and the remaining peanuts. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Torte
Sort By :
"So good! I just love the flavor combination of peanut butter and chocolate and this recipe does not dissapoint!. I also love that it is a make-ahead recipe. Great for potlucks!"
"Awesome for a cool summer dessert"
"One of my most favorite desserts. Made it for Memorial Day gathering and we just couldn't stay out of it. Very good if you like chocolate and peanut butter!"
"So good! In my family, we call this Polish Drumsticks (not too sure why), and it's such a fantastic dessert!"
"This is my husband's most favorite dessert!"