Peanut Butter Cheese Torte
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons brewed coffee
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- Combine all crust ingredients. Press onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 10-in. springform pan. Chill.
- For filling, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl on high until smooth, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Gently spoon into crust; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- For topping, in a microwave, melt chocolate with coffee until smooth. Spread over chilled torte. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped peanuts if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 545 calories, 38g fat (16g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 5, 2017
What can I substitite for the coffee?
Dec 21, 2013
I bought some aluminum cake pans and made 4 of these as gifts. I usually let mine sit in the fridge for 48 hours to make sure its firm and ready for eating , and for the chocolate topping I add a little hot coffee as its melting to give it a richer flavor.
Oct 7, 2013
If you like reese's peanut butter cups you will love this. It is easy to make and to save time I usually just buy 2 graham cracker crusts instead of making the crust but then you have to keep in mind to also make a little extra topping.