- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, salt and enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
Sort By :
Best. Frosting. Ever.
Great Recipe. I used it on my Granddaughters Reese's peanut butter wedding cake. It was a total hit.
I put this frosting on top of brownies. It was absolutely delicious, but it was a bit too much frosting for a 9x13 pan; next time I won't use it all.
After I started making this, I realized I had run out of confectioners' sugar, so I made my own. Simply put granulated sugar in a blender, and blend for a few seconds! You will probably only need about 2/3 cup granulated sugar for each cup of powdered sugar.
To lessen the fat, I used Land O Lakes light stick butter & Jif Reduced Fat peanut butter. I also used 1% milk, & it turned out great. Everyone raved about it. Will definitely make again.
what an amazing frosting! The BEST!