"It's a tradition for my sister and me to bring these chocolaty confections to functions and family gatherings," notes Rhonda Williams of Mayville, Michigan.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cereal. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal; toss to coat. Roll into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Balls in Country Woman January/February 2007, p 6
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review