- 1-3/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 12 medium fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Hull strawberries if necessary; puree in a food processor. Remove and set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Transfer to the food processor; add the cream cheese, cottage cheese and sugar substitute. Cover and process until smooth.
- Add strawberry puree; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- For garnish, wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. Cut tops off berries. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip each berry tip until half of the berry is coated, allowing excess to drip off. Place with tips pointing up on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Garnish cheesecake with chocolate-dipped strawberries and remaining whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Cheesecake
"Can you use 3/4 of real sugar with this recipe????"
"Question: How many strawberries do I put in the food processer? All 12, than have extra strawberries for garnish? Thank you! It looks beautiful, can't wait to try it :)"
"I made this strawberry cheesecake and it was for a friends birthday. he said he did not want to cut it couse they would eat it. I told him I would make him an other one. he said OK. I THINK IT WOULD BE A 10 STAR."
"This cheesecake is light and fluffy absolutely delicious"
"This was excellent, I and the family loved it."
"Loved this recipe."
"iwant arecape for cholatecheespie"
"Tip:(dipping strawberry) take off the green leafy part before dipping to the chocolate!!!:) :) :) :)p.s. i have not made yet :(:) :) :) :)"
"I've already made this recipe 3 times in 3 weeks and everyone is so impressed and loveing it."