Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
This light, creamy and airy dessert is perfect for entertaining. The strawberry cheesecake has a unique flavor from the chocolate crust. It always brings compliments and adds a touch of elegance to your table. —Kathy Berger, Dry Ridge, Kentucky
- 1-3/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 12 medium fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Hull strawberries if necessary; puree in a food processor. Remove and set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Transfer to the food processor; add the cream cheese, cottage cheese and sugar substitute. Cover and process until smooth.
- Add strawberry puree; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- For garnish, wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. Cut tops off berries. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip each berry tip until half of the berry is coated, allowing excess to drip off. Place with tips pointing up on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Garnish cheesecake with chocolate-dipped strawberries and remaining whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Cheesecake in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p26
Reviews for Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Cheesecake(13)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2014
This cheesecake is light and fluffy absolutely delicious
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2014
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2014
This was excellent, I and the family loved it.
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2013
Loved this recipe.
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2013
iwant arecape for cholatecheespie
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >