- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Chopped pecans, jimmies and/or nonpareils, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, butter and water to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to chocolate mixture. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place in the freezer for 30-40 minutes or until firm (do not freeze completely). Cut into bars.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Using a small fork, dip brownies to completely coat; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with pecans, jimmies and/or nonpareils if desired. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Dipped Brownies
"4 cups is equal to 32 ounces not 24 ounces. Again 1 cup equals 8 ounces,"
"Delicious! What a great idea. Next time, I will cut the brownies into 1x1 squares since they are so rich."
"Now why didn't I think of dipping them in sprinkles - grandkids loved this idea and the brownie was awesome too"
"Very easy and a big hit!!!! Thank you for sharing, will definately make these again"
"Looks delicious and that's good enough for me!"