Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 24 caramels
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Chocolate frosting and hot caramel ice cream topping
- Additional walnuts, optional
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups one-third full; set remaining batter aside. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until top of cupcake appears set.
- Gently press a caramel into each cupcake; sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts. Top with remaining batter. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with chocolate frosting and drizzle with ice cream topping. Sprinkle with additional nuts if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes
Sort By :
I made a caramel filling that was perfect to fill a cupcake and stayed firm enough not to soak into the cupcake but soft enough that when you bit into the cupcake you got a nice soft, creamy caramel center. I used 24 caramels, 1/3 cup of half and half, 1/4 cup of Eagle Brand Sweetened condensed milk, a tblsp. of butter and placed on low heat until all was melted and smooth. For my use, I wanted to spice it up so used a little cayenne pepper and some fresh ginger paste and it was delish with just a touch of "heat". This recipe worked very well for me. See what you think! p.s. do NOT bring to a boil under any circumstances, just heat until all is melted and smooth! Cam
Thanks for that review....because of it I am going to try carmel icecream topping in the center since I want to make these tonight and take them to school tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know how that works.
I thought that this was very good .. However when the caramel cooled down inside the cakes it turned really hard .. how do you fix that one?