Chili Mac & Cheese Recipe
- 2 packages (7-1/4 ounces each) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Set aside cheese packets from dinner mixes. In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and stir beef and onion over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomatoes and green chilies, tomato sauce and seasonings. Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture. Stir in contents of cheese packets, sour cream and 1 cup cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chili Mac & Cheese(9)
Sort By :
This was so easy to make and every time i have friends over for this dinner i have to make extra so they can take some home!This is a keeper for sure!!!
I made this while watching my friends daughter. everyone liked it so much, my friends daughter had 3 helpings. I sent some home with her, and they finished it off the next day. very easy, too.
Simple,easy and delicious!
Delicious and easy! I went by the recipe (except only used 1 pound instead of 2 pounds of ground beef) and it came out perfectly. Thanks so much for posting this yummy recipe. -I even had enough extra to freeze for another meal since it makes so much!
This was a good new recipe for a cold weekend night. I love the basic ingredients which I typically have on hand. I did cut down on the spices some as I was feeding a small child - only used 1 tblspoon of chili powder and no red pepper flakes or regular pepper. It came out tasting just fine with plenty of flavor. The only draw back for me was that it makes ALOT - it almost came out of my pan trying to put it all in. Next time I would probably half it for our family of 3 just to cut down on the leftovers. Overall though a keeper recipe that is easy.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Macaroni and Cheese Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >