- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean), cooked and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until heated through. Stir in macaroni. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chili Mac
"my husband and I did not care for it-very disappointing"
"Ok, we didn't care for it much."
"I realy loved this one, it had just the right amount of heat, and I love spicey food"
"This was so easy to put together and I loved how it cooks in the slow cooker. I ate mine with a big of hot sauce dashed in it."
"My family loves this easy supper. We dont like it too hot so I put red kidney beans in it. Also, I put diced tomatoes with chilies in it. I use wheat noodles instead of white to make it a little healthier. Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream and maybe a sandwich! Great way to warm up on a cold day!"
"Definitely a winner in my house! I substituted kidney beans for the hot chili beans since I have small children, but it was really good! A little cheese on top and it's a meal!"
"A nice recipe; I love a good chili mac. I'll definitely make again, although I didn't use the crockpot."
"simple and yummy."
"was very good and simple!"
"My family loved this recipe and said I should make it often. I didn't cook it in the crockpot because I didn't get it in there in time. It turned out great."