- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean), cooked and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until heated through. Stir in macaroni. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chili Mac
"Awesome recipe!- Theresa"
"Made a double batch, added some extra chili powder, and red pepper flakes for a kick. It came out great! Keeping this as a go to recipe for sure! Next time I might add a can of Rotel tomatoes with jalapenos as well.For people looking for the hot beans, check near the baked beans. Target sells a medium chili bean that I bought, which is why I added red pepper flakes."
"Psalm127-3 you'll find chili beans with the canned beans, they have seasoning added to them I know Bushes has a variety, Goya might too. Sometimes they're in with the canned baked beans as well.Hope that helps,Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine"
"the proof is in the pudding bob36so post yours then.....original poster: can you please help me with what canned hot chili beans are? is there a brand I should look for in my supermarket please. thank you"
"This recipe for chilimac stinks. my recipe for chili mac is 10 times better then this"
"Loved this! So full of flavour with thick, chunky veggies. And it made a lot! Definite make again recipe!"
"my husband and I did not care for it-very disappointing"
"Ok, we didn't care for it much."
"I realy loved this one, it had just the right amount of heat, and I love spicey food"
"This was so easy to put together and I loved how it cooks in the slow cooker. I ate mine with a big of hot sauce dashed in it."