- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean), cooked and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until heated through. Stir in macaroni. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chili Mac
"I was disappointed with this recipe. I found it bland and felt it "needed something.""
"It was OK. I added extra seasoning, but still needed a lot more. It was a little bland."
"Awesome recipe!- Theresa"
"Made a double batch, added some extra chili powder, and red pepper flakes for a kick. It came out great! Keeping this as a go to recipe for sure! Next time I might add a can of Rotel tomatoes with jalapenos as well.For people looking for the hot beans, check near the baked beans. Target sells a medium chili bean that I bought, which is why I added red pepper flakes."
"Psalm127-3 you'll find chili beans with the canned beans, they have seasoning added to them I know Bushes has a variety, Goya might too. Sometimes they're in with the canned baked beans as well.Hope that helps,Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine"
"the proof is in the pudding bob36so post yours then.....original poster: can you please help me with what canned hot chili beans are? is there a brand I should look for in my supermarket please. thank you"
"Loved this! So full of flavour with thick, chunky veggies. And it made a lot! Definite make again recipe!"
"my husband and I did not care for it-very disappointing"
"Ok, we didn't care for it much."