- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked spinach and feta chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage over medium heat until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cucumber, vinegar, oil and garlic powder. Serve chicken sausage on pita breads with tomato, onion and cucumber sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Sausage Gyros
Sort By :
I made these up for lunch one day. I used spinach and mozzarella chicken sausages instead. I would suggest heating up the sausages first and then slicing them, because when I sliced them first to cook, the cheese melted out of them. For as quick of a recipe as it was, this was pretty good.
These were good, even the pickiest eaters in my family enjoyed them. I used the sausages the recipe called for [found at Sams as well as many other chicken sausage options] and also made with a chicken sausage that had sweet peppers, fontina, garlic and onion. Roasted red peppers and onion on the grill with the sausage and offered that as an option for the filling.
The taste of chicken sausage gyros was not at all what I expected. It was not for me.
I add sautéed onions & red peppers.I will make this again :-)
These chicken sausage gyros were sooo good! Very easy and so much flavor!