- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Combine oil, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Fold in nuts if desired. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar while warm if desired. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Brownies in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p54
Reviews for Chewy Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2009