- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and apples.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forChewy Apple Oatmeal Cookies
"I enjoyed the different taste with the dried apples but I think the next time I bake these I will also add the raisins along with the dried apples for a little more flavor."
"I enjoyed the different take on oatmeal cookies with the dried apple but I think the next time I bake these I will also add the raisins maybe along with the dried apples."
"Pretty darn good. Chewy and soft. I used fresh apples instead of dry and they were delicious. Not sure they'll be as good tomorrow, but they were sure good straight from the oven!"
"if i wanted to use fresh apples, would i use the same amount?"
"Next time I'd like to substitute the apple for dried cranberries and add macadamia. First oatmeal cookie that I baked that I really really like."
"I love this recipe, I add a pinch of nutmeg to it no matter what I add. When I use the apples, I sprinkle apple cinnamon on it before I add it to the mixture. My family likes it best with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips."
"This is one of my favorite cookie recipes! Wonderful flavor............I do usually use raisins instead of apples, but both are equally delicious. However, I will note that I have always had to use more flour than the recipe states: I use 2 cups whereas the recipe calls for 1-1/2 cups. Also, I generally double the amount of dried fruit......just my preference! Have also used quick cooking oats for variation, or left out cinnamon and fruit and stirred in chocolate chips.........this recipe (for me, adding extra flour) is a great basic to have on hand."
"This is a very good oatmeal cookie recipe. I have made them using apples as well as raisins. Delicious!"
"Everyone loved these. My great Aunt and my Grandma were even impressed! :)"