- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 1 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and orange peel. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the chips, cherries and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Pecan Dreams
"I just made these used cranberries instead of cherries. Turned out great. Will save for next Christmas!"
"My family really enjoyed these cookies! The only thing I did different was substitute walnuts for the pecans. Also, I didn't think the dough could hold 2 cups of white choc chips and 1 cup of dried cherries, so I halved those amounts. Cookies turned out crunchy and had a great taste. Will definitely make again!"
"Made these with gluten free flour and they were fabulous, it made way more than 3 dozen"