Berry Shortbread Dreams
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract; gradually add flour until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center. Fill with jam.
- Bake at 350° for 14-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spoon additional jam into cookies if desired. Combine confectioners' sugar, extract and enough water to achieve drizzling consistency; drizzle over cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 180 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 16, 2018
Easy and delicious. I made a double batch to share with some of my senior neighbor...
Jan 3, 2018
Love these, Have made them for years, but I bake them with out the jam and then fill with jam after they come out of the oven, other wise the jam tends to burn or boil out of the cookie.
Dec 29, 2017
HELP! I am having a time of it. I NEED some advice in regard to the dough! I seem to be having issues with it. I follow the recipe to the letter, yet I can't seem to figure out what i'm doing wrong! Once in the oven at 350 degrees they take forever to bake. ANY ADVICE IS WELCOMED! It gives the recipe but there are no handling or special instructions. My best friend brought them over and they were delicious. Best ever!!Warm Regards,Monique
Dec 15, 2017
Created an account on this site only to give this recipe a 5 star rating because it is soooooo good. A coworker brought these to work one day, 10 years later I make them every year at Christmas. I really didn't even like cookies with jam until I tried these. Delicious!!!
Dec 10, 2017
These tastes great and are easy to make. They're going onto my list of Christmas cookies that I bake every year!
Nov 30, 2017
My kids love these cookies!
Jul 9, 2017
The cookie are wonderful!! I fix these fir Christmas and everyone loves them!!
May 10, 2016
Soooo easy to make. Took me less than ten minutes to make the dough. I gave it a half hour in the fridge and baked them. My dough was a little crumbly when I made indentation but not bad. I used blueberry preserves because that's all I have on hand. These are delicious. Made the icing but I like them with and without. I love shortbread and this is a keeper. Thank you!This recipe made 28 cookies for me..one inch.
Aug 26, 2015
Excellent recipe. Every time I make these and share I get requests for the recipe. I have been making these for 9 years and they never fail to impress people.
Dec 26, 2014
I adore this recipe because they are good and easy to make! My family loves them so much that I automatically double the recipe. I often use other jams/preserves like apricot, blackberry, black raspberry and even peach. I rarely put the glaze on the cookies because they are so good without it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.