For a swift sweet treat, Carol Heppner spreads a homemade graham cracker crust with canned pie filling, then tops it with a fun marshmallow and whipped cream layer. "Try it with blueberry pie filling instead," recommends the Caronport, Saskatchewan cook.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Set aside 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs for topping. Place the remaining crumbs in a bowl; stir in butter until combined. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Spread pie filling over crust. Fold marshmallows into the whipped cream; spread over filling. Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Mallow Dessert in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p8
Reviews for Cherry Mallow Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review