We often eat easy-to-make soups when there's not a lot of time to cook. I replaced the wild rice requested in the original recipe with a boxed rice mix to make it even faster.
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, prepare rice mix according to package directions. Add the milk, soup and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Wild Rice in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p39
Reviews for Cheesy Wild Rice Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review