- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, cheese, onions and garlic powder. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Roll into an 8-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Cut lengthwise into eight strips. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Yield: 8 breadsticks.
Reviews for Cheesy Onion Breadsticks
Sort By :
Everyone loved these. Great in a pinch. I used buttermilk in place of the milk and left out the onions just because I didn't have them on hand. I will be making these again.
Loved this recipe! I could have these breadsticks on the table in minutes! I did not use any onion, I just added a little onion powder though. I also cut the breadsticks in half- then they are more easier to hold. They were so flaky and a lot fluffier than I expected (which is good!) They tasted just like restaurant breadsticks. My whole family was disappointed when they found out there wasn't any more. SO easy, and can make a easy, quick, delicious accompaniment to any meal. Will make again!!